Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Poll question

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/05/11/bicycle.wars/index.html?hpt=C2

I just read this article on CNN and found it interesting, it discussed Bicyclist vs Cars on the road. It also listed the top 10 most bike friendly cities, whoop whoop Chicago for making the list!

I often hear my friends that drive complain about the bicyclist for not following the rules of the road and not showing caution for the cars around them and am curious, what is everyone's opinions on the matter? What could be done to make it easier for everyone? Pros? Cons? Feel free to comment and get a discussion going, yes, all 6 of you that are following our blog.

I'm especially curious as I'm just getting used biking in the city, and am hoping to soon start commuting to work this way. Alexis and I are going to take a class at REI on bike commuting that focuses on making it a safe, fun, and efficient way to get around, I'm really excited about it!

Speaking of REI, I'm falling in love with that store, awesome helpful staff, tons of stuff to look at, and great classes. I highly recommend you stop in sometime if your near one just to look around.

Last night the SoPo Spinners went out on their first ride together! It was great and I must say, the lake was gorgeous last night at dusk with a storm rolling in from the distance, makes me feel so lucky to be able to ride on such a beautiful path. I wish I'd brought my camera!

Ok, that's all from me. I hope to get some pictures of my bike and the comical building process up within the week.

Thanks for your comments and feedback!

~Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment