Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Fever

It’s that time of year again when Mother Nature dangles the carrot of warm weather in front of us and I’m feeling the pressure to get out and start training on a bike. My bike status is that I still don’t have one! Let’s face it, there are too many excuses to fall back on and the one I’m sticking to is that March is a very busy month; birthdays, St. Patty’s Day, Spring Break (my sister’s not mine), MARCH MADDNESS (Go Panthers!)
and it’s still not that nice to go ride my bike. This is of course not true when the evidence is staring me right in the face. Its 65 degrees out! That is amazing! However, true to Chicago form it is suppose to drop 30 degrees and possibly snow on Sunday.



So my goal is to have a bike by mid-April… That leaves me what? Approximately 99 days to train on a bike before RAGBRAI?! Of course there are additional ways to train and I really must dedicate myself to a routine. According to David Ertl, a USA Level 1 cycling coach, great way to train in cold weather (or if you still don’t have a bike) is to take a spin class. Unfortunately my gym does not offer these classes! MB, I may take you up on that offer! I need to continue to get in shape by doing cardio, etc. I only hope that spring fever motivates me instead of distracting me!

- Alexis

To find more information about David Ertl and training:
www.cyclesportcoaching.com

No comments:

Post a Comment