Monday, March 1, 2010

Official- er

We’re one step closer! We are officially registered to RAGBRAI 2010. We got together Saturday morning for coffee and push each other the last few inches off the plank of non-commitment. It feels like a snowball affect, where all of a sudden things are rolling faster and getting larger! We were going to have a vote on what our team name should be but we needed a name to register as a team. It wasn’t easy! There have been so many clever and memorable team names on RAGBRAI and we want to make our mark... but pressure got the best of us. I do think it represents us and I'm very excited to have a team our first RAGBRAI.

SoPo Spinners (SoPo is an abbreviation of Southport, the street in Chicago that after May 1st we’ll all live on)

Now, keep your fingers crossed because we still need to make it past the lottery. Then it will be official! The lottery results are posted May 1st!

- Alexis

1 comment:

  1. I really thought I commented on this. I thought I told you what a good name Sopo spinners would be because people will ask you and it will be a good ice breaker!

    ReplyDelete